If you're planning a bank holiday getawaythen be sure to read these tips on how you can make your journey a safe and stress-free one.Here'sIAM RoadSmart's head of driving and riding standards,Richard Gladman,to help you prepare for your trip.Because a little preparation goes a long way.
- Secure your luggage in your boot so it's out of the way and doesn't obstruct your view
- Give yourself plenty of time for the journey and check the news for any traffic updates and roadworks nearby
- If you're travelling during the early hours of the day or late in the evening make sure you take some rest beforehand and eat something light so you don't feel sluggish before you leave
- If you plan on using a sat-nav don't forget to programme in the destination before you leave and check it.留出足够的时间去旅行，这样你就不会觉得自己被时间推了。
- Make sure you take regular rest breaks to split up the journey when driving on a long,boring stretch of a motorway.It's good practise to stop at least every two hours
Richard said: "With so much planning involved in a holiday,many of us forget manbetx2.0手机版about the first bit – how we get to our destination.
"If your journey is a long one,take some time to plan where and when you will be taking a break – just so you can get a little rest and have some water to stay hydrated.Enjoy the journey and more importantly,enjoy the getaway."